Wednesday 2 April 2014

#13 BUSINESS SOCKS!

Aye up ladies and gents, hope you're all well. So since the last blog we've had some gigs! ;-) You'll have to excuse my sarcasm there. I'm sure there's a famous Mick Jagger quote about how being a musician is 5% playing music and 95% sitting around waiting to play music, but I reckon when you're unsigned those figures change to 5% playing, 10% waiting around, 35% scraping money together and 50% sat in front of a computer/phone convincing people to let you play! As such, recently i've spent waaaaay more time in front of my laptop emailing festivals and venues for gigs than I have holding my guitar. Gigs are coming in though so I shant complain! You can find the gig list on the website or here: www.facebook.com/AaronDouglasMusic/

So the first gig since the last blog was the Shipwrecks single launch party. That was a really special gig, mostly down to the songs performance in the iTunes Singer-songwriter chart that week. The whole thing just seemed to create a buzz in the run up to the gig. It was great to see so many friendly faces, old and new, local and not so local. The reaction we got when we played Shipwrecks was just.........amazing. So a quick thanks to everyone that came because it was awesome! Not bad for only our 2nd gig as a trio! On that note i'd like to quickly "big up" Harry & Naomi for being totally awesome and talented also! Having them on board has really helped me work out what direction I want to take our "sound" in, and I couldn't be any happier about it! Last little note about Shipwrecks, Tom Robinson from BBC Radio 6 picked it as one of his Extra Gems last week! You can hear the whole playlist here https://soundcloud.com/tomrobinson/sets/gems20140324


Shipwrecks single launch panorama. The Birdcage (Bristol)
The following Sunday we supported Brother & Bones at the Exchange in Bristol. B&B are smashing it at the moment. They've been touring with Ben Howard and Bastille and get airplay from Dermot O'Leary and are set for big things I think. I met Rich the singer when him, Harry and myself were helping about as crew for a Seth Lakeman gig years ago. It's nice to see them doing well and they played a shplendid set. They also totally bailed me out the next morning as I was supposed to be going to London the next morning and I missed my coach as the initial bus ride ended up in a tree. Nice one drives! ;-) Thanks for the lift B&B! :-)

Last weekend we played at Proud in Camden. Very cool venue, and we saw Keith Lemon in the Morrisons car park nearby......which was nice. ;-)

On Saturday i'll be supporting some other friends that have been doing well recently called Winter Mountain Band. They've been getting Radio 2 airplay too and been touring with folk legend Cara Dillon so looking forward to that one!

Finally we've been back in the studio this week so fingers crossed we should have some EP news for you soon! Wahoo!

Laters :-)
Aaron

P.S. This Saturday my friend Christina Marie will be performing in the final of "The Voice", if you've been following it then please give her a little vote on Saturday. She's a top lass and boy can she sing. You really need to be in a room with that voice. It's something else. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment